WHAT MAKES OUR SERVICE DIFFERENT?
The toxic chemicals contained in conventional cleaning products have the ability to disrupt both the health of the environment and the health of our own bodies in ways we are only beginning to understand. What we do know is that toxins build up in the cells of our bodies (a process called bio-accumulation) as we are exposed to them. While effects of chemical exposure are hard to pinpoint, it is suspected that toxic exposure to the chemicals in cleaning products cause or aggravate chronic disease, birth defects, and numerous allergy responses, and these effects occur on a larger biological scale when leaked into the eco-system.
At Magic we use the safest, most effective cleaning solutions on the market. We also enhance our cleaning practices through the use of high-grade essential oils.
Our cleaning solutions meet the following requirements:
- Non-toxic to humans & aquatic life
- No petroleum distillates
- No heavy metals
- No ammonia
- No chlorine bleach
- No phosphates
- No nonylphenol surfactants
- No 2-Butoxyethanol
- No Isopropanol
- No Formaldehyde
- Low volatile organic chemicals
- No ozone-depleting compounds
- No known carcinogens
- No skin sensitizers
- No chronic health hazards
- No dyes or strong fragrances
Green Cleaning Facts
- The Government has not conducted even basic toxicity testing for about 75% of the high-volume chemicals in commercial use. More than 90% of these chemicals have not been tested for health effects on children.
- Nationwide more than 32 million pounds of household cleaning products are poured down the drain each day. Chemicals in household cleaners break down slowly in the eco-system and can lead to harmful algae blooms and accumulation of toxins in the tissues of animals we eat, such as fish.
- According to a five-year EPA study, the air in American homes has chemical pollution levels 70 times greater than outdoor air pollution. We spend approximately 90% of our time inside.
- Babies and children are more susceptible to chemicals thanks to the permeability of their skin, the rate at which their cells multiply and divide, behavioral tendencies and their height (most chemicals are heavier than air and lie closer to the ground.)
Sources Consumer Product Safety Commission, Children's Health Environmental Coalition, American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Maryland Cooperative Extension, Clean and Green.